May 14, 2009

David is walking!!!!
















And "talking" and climbing...










David started pushing things around while he walked behind a while back, but just this week he began taking a few steps between two people or things. He is so proud of himself! I plan to get a video soon. He claps for himself every time he does it. He is also using some babble that I actually understand, he says, "BU!" whenever he sees Buzz and wants to pet him. He said, "BOO BEA" when I was bring him blueberries the other day, and "Yo Yo" after I said yogurt while I was feeding it to him.










Andrea was such a good climber at like 8 months, I kind of thought that milestone just went along with cruising. When David couldn't climb that early I was almost worried about it, until I talked to some friends and remembered how shocked people were that my 13 month old would climb to the top of playground equipment with ease. Then, of course, she went down the slide head first, and since she always did things head first I just sat at the bottom and watched, clapping for her! The gaurds on the high platforms were very good and she never went up more than 3 steps at a time without me behind her, so don't think I am a careless mom! Nevertheless, I did get lots of funny looks at playgrounds during that time! I tell you this because now I definitely understand the suprised looks on other parents faces! If I had had David first, I would have not understood how a 13-14 month old could climb to the top of anything by themself! He seems so little! He can climb now, but still not very well. He doesn't enjoy playgrounds yet the way Andrea did by this time. Soon enough!










2 comments:

Sabrina said...

oh my gosh. i can't belive he's walking!!!

Reeves Cannon said...

what a big boy!! I can not believe he is walking... where is time going!!!