Jan 20, 2010

Sorry it has been sooooo long!





So, I have decided that since it has been so long, I will just skip over the holidays and start fresh in 2010. We have had a rocky start... I can't seem to get the house back in order since we got home because David has decided to become a Tornado. Basically he just tears through the house taking things off shelves and throwing things about the house while I just try to keep things off the floor. I really don't know how this place is ever going to get clean with him around!

The sunday we got back, one of my best friends from college let us know that her daughter Adri had been having seizures. Long story short, the seizures were happening very frequently and after a major one in the middle of the night they had to call 911. They found a brain tumor and it has just been a whirlwind since then. The surgery to remove it went well, but they have a long road ahead with her recovery and follow-up visits. Andrea just loves Adri and we love having little playdates with them! We are keeping them in our prayers. I have told Andrea what is going on because she had been asking when we were going to get to see Adri again before all of this started. Well, she doesn't quite get everything, but she immediately started making her "care packages" and "talking" to her on her pretend phone. She has also initiated prayer for her several times! Kids can teach us so much about life sometimes.

Anyway, this morning Andrea and David got out all of their dress up clothes and got on their ride on toys and had a little parade around the house. They have been playing with the dress up stuff a lot lately because Andrea has decided she wants to be a nurse... she has put band-aids on everything, and let me tell you, band-aids and plastic toys don't mix! They are so diffiult to remove and she is wasting a ton of band-aids! We have had a few discussions, and I don't think we will continue this practice :). Here are some pictures of the parade, they were hilarious! They just love each other and love to play together and it does my heart good to see how well they get along sometimes! At the time of the parade, Andrea was a super hero and David was a robot...










No comments: