Feb 2, 2009

What Andrea is up to...
















Andrea constantly amazes me with her vocabulary. She uses new words and is better at saying words daily! She is such a big helper! She does whatever I tell her to when it involves helping me out (getting diapers, her shoes, David's shoes, putting toys away), and actually asks me if I need something sometimes. She totally gets that from Michael, I think :) he is constantly working and helping out with things when he is home. We don't sit around on the couch often, and I don't think Andrea ever sits down! When it is time to go somewhere she goes around and turns off all the lights, puts Buzz in his bed and gives him a treat before climbing into the car herself. She is a good girl most of the time!










She has started to try to color in the lines. We just noticed this last week while she was coloring at Olive Garden. I have included a picture of an example of her artwork, here she has colored in the little dot on Hello Kitty's bow. I also have some pictures from last night where she dressed up like a Nurse and helped out Tyler. What is funny is that Meghan had said that we were going to play Nerts, a card game, and Andrea interpreted Nurse, so that is why she went to her room and insisted on dressing up like a nurse! She is so fun!










We are still having issues with potty training... At first we tried just putting on big girl panties and going as soon as she got out of bed and every hour or so during the day. We did this for about 4 days. She would go right when she woke up, and then every once and a while during the day. Most of the time, we would go sit on the potty for about 20 mins, and then she would get tired of sitting there so we would say we would try again in a minute. Within five minutes of getting up she would have an accident in her panties (they are the ones that hold extra liquid). During those 4 days, she also stopped pooping. When I realized she hadn't gone #2 in a while, I asked her about it and she said she needed a diaper. I put one on her and she went within an hour. After that, she was refusing to even sit on it for a while. We are finally back to a point where she will sit on it. However, she insists that she needs a diaper, and will never tell me when she needs to go. When she is wearing underwear she knows better that she is going, but we have to clean up a lot of messes and I think she gets embarrassed about it. I am at a loss. Most people are saying that she just isn't ready and to wait till she is. We have done lots of things for rewards and do reward her when she is dry. She hasn't peed or pooed in her diaper at night for at least 6 month now. If anyone has any suggestions, do tell, I am willing to try anything!










No comments: